At the September 2016 Board of Directors meeting, the Pensions Committee had its mandate changed to reflect the changing needs of the SRA. The Committee will now take on an expanded role to provide research on various topics of interest to the membership. Here is the updated mandate:
- To provide leadership in responding to pension issues related to SRA members.
- To research and recommend policies and approaches to sustain and grow the SRA membership.
- To identify issues relevant to SRA members and conduct background research for consideration by the SRA Board of Directors.
- To develop research based discussion papers for review and consideration by the SRA membership.
- To manage the SRA advocacy process with external stakeholders
- To review issues and concerns raised by members and make recommendations for action to the Board of Directors.
SRA Studies Public Sector Pensions across Canada
For individualized consultation about your pension, please visit:
For calculators to assist you in understanding your potential retirement income, visit:
For information on your Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or your Old Age Security Plan (OAS), visit: