The Saskatchewan Retirees Association Inc. (SRA) is a volunteer non-profit organization of retired or soon to be retired Saskatchewan Government and non-government employees and/or their surviving spouses that promotes the enhancement of member’s pensions and associated benefits.
The SRA has represented public sector retirees since 1975 through its efforts to provide extended benefits, pension enhancement advocacy and provision of relevant information to assist its members in making informed decisions as they journey into their retirement years.
SRA represents over 4800 retirees from 68 different publicly funded organizations in Saskatchewan. For more information on member eligibility, click on Members for membership information as well as a listing of approved public sector organizations.
- Speak with a united voice for members.
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues relevant to all members.
- Promote communication, co-operation, and understanding among our members.
- Research and compile information on pension benefits and retirement issues and advocate changes.
- Provide access to retirement programs for members and their families.
- Organize the resources of the SRA to provide effective, timely service to the membership.
- Advocate improvements to benefits that reflect the needs of the members.
- Make relevant information available to the members or interested parties.
- Make timely presentations to governments and other organizations to advocate positive changes to current retirement benefits.
- Increase public awareness of SRA through marketing and outreach activities.
- Provide opportunities to facilitate social events and communication with the membership.
- Expand SRA membership and engage their talents.
- Actively seek feedback from the members.